It’s our 34th Anniversary
The Livermore Community Thanksgiving Dinner is celebrating its 34th year of providing a free hot meal on Thanksgiving Day. Our guests include seniors, singles, shut-ins, families and veterans from the VA Hospital. This is a free community dinner and all are welcome.
We will be serving well over 1000 meals at the Bothwell Center and delivering hundreds more to those unable to come to the center.
We need your help publicizing the following:
- Invite anyone who might otherwise be spending Thanksgiving alone. If anyone needs transportation, or a hot dinner delivered if they are unable to attend, should call 455-9782.
- We need volunteers to cook turkeys at their home. We provide the turkeys and pans, and we ask them to cook and deliver them to the hall at a specified time. Call 455-9782.
- We need the community to contribute the desserts (pies, cakes, etc.) to the dinner. Desserts can be brought to the hall after 7:00 PM on Wednesday Nov. 25th, but preferably on Thursday morning, Nov. 26th.
- We need monetary donations. Checks may be made payable to ‘The Livermore Community Thanksgiving Dinner’ and mailed to 492 Colusa Way, Livermore, CA 94551
- We need anyone interested in helping out to attend our first meeting on Wednesday, Nov. 9th at 7:00 PM at the Bothwell Center at 2466 Eighth Street. At this meeting we will give talk about the history and purpose of this dinner, describe jobs that are available and start sign ups for them.
- We need help cleaning and returning equipment. On Friday, Nov. 25th at 10:00 AM we meet at the hall to return all the things we borrowed.
If you have any questions please call 455-9782.
Please help spread the word! Print and post our flyer, which you can download from here (PDF format)
Thanks for your help.